Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Best Vacation Ever!!!

On October 31, 2009 my family and I went on vacation to the Bahamas. We stayed for the whole month of November. Before the trip we had to catch up on all of our schoolwork because we did not take our school with us, instead we took our Summer Bridge Workbook that we had worked on while we were on summer vacation.

For packing, we had to make a list; every body had three swimming suites, one outfit, and two pairs of shoes. We had four suit cases because we had many things on are list to take with us. We had to take a cooler because we do not go to the store until the next day we are there.

The first week we stayed at a resort called [******]. We usually stay at another place called [*****]. At [*****], there is a nice big beach and two pools. One of the pools was right in front of our condo so we could go swimming all the time. There was also a tennis court at [*****]. We have never stayed there before, but I liked it.

The second week we went and stayed at [******], that is were we go every year. This week I had a friend that I met last year. Her name is C***. She was very fun and nice. We played in the pool and out on the beach. She left Sunday.

At night, my mom takes us for night swims. It is very fun because she takes pictures of us jumping in the pool. We do not go down in the ocean because at night, the stingrays come near the beach. I have never seen one, but it happened to my brother once.

The third week we also stayed at [******]. This week some girls came down and we played games and had lots of fun. I had never met these girls before. This was there first time going to the Bahamas. It was very fun because we get to meet people from all over the world. My mom has some friends that go down there every year. They are from Canada. We also meet new people every year.

The last week we were there I had nobody to play with, but it was still fun. This week went by fast. We had to pack every day so we would not lose anything. On the last day, my grandma did not want to come home and she was a little grouchy, but she got over it and now she is back to her routine. We had a very good time and I hope we do it next year.

We did not come back to school until today (Wednesday) because my mom had some things to do, but now we're back in school and we are still learning. Thank you for reading my article and have a nice holiday. I will write again next week.

3 comments:

  1. I am sooo glad you had such a wonderful time. i realy enjoyed heraing about your vacation. I missed you all and your grandma!!! I know you and you brothers realize how blessed you are to be able to take such wonderful vacations! Now get back to school and study hard so when you have children you will be able to bless them with such a wonderful life. God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like an awesome vacation.

    I'm glad you had so much fun.

    I've never been to the Bahamas, but I've always wanted to go. Thanks for the nice photos. Now I feel like I've been there myself (sort of).

    I'm also glad you made it home safe and sound.

    I'm sure it felt good to sleep in your own bed after being gone for a whole month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You wrote a really good entry about your vacation. I was happy to read it and to see the pictures of the night swimming. I think you will remember this trip forever. It sounds like you are very grateful to your mother for taking you and your brothers on such a great trip. May you always be so blessed.

    <3

    ReplyDelete