Sunday, December 13, 2009

Home Economics

Friday I made meatballs. I made them because I had a lesson about them that day.
The recipe wanted me to put 2 pounds of meat in them, but I only had one pound so I had to half everything in the recipe. It was difficult making the recipe, but cooking it was not that hard. Here is the recipe.

Ingredients
2 ½ slices of bread
1 pound of ground beef
¼ cup of ketchup
1 tablespoon of mustard
1 ½ teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce
¾ teaspoon of Italian seasonings
¼ of a teaspoon of salt
A dash of pepper
½ and a 8th of milk
Preheat oven on 350

First, I preheated the oven on 350 degrees.
Second, I took my bread and cut the crust of the bread, Then I cut the bread into cubes then I put that aside.
Third, I put the ground beef into a large bowl.
Then I put the ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in the bowl with the meat.
The fifth thing I did was place the bread cubes on top of everything that was in the bowl, then I poured the milk onto the bread.
The sixth thing I did was I mixed all the ingredients together with my hands.
The next to the last thing I did was I took a handful of meat {about 1/3 cup} and shape it into a ball. Place the meatballs on a pan close together, but not touching.

The last thing I did was to bake them for 20 minutes or until they were done.
When they are done remove from the pan with a slotted spoon. Then enjoy.




I also made fried potatoes and corn from a can. It was good.

1 comment:

  1. Those meatballs look delicious. I'm going to have to try that recipe for myself.

    Great job halving the recipe appropriately. That takes mad math skills.

    ReplyDelete